This position operates as a part of the medical clinic’s Behavioral Health Team as the team’s onsite prescriber. The PMHNP is responsible for providing psychiatric/mental health medication management services to our medical clinic’s patients and consulting with the other medical clinic providers regarding their patient’s behavioral health needs.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 20 hours per week, and the salary is equivalent to $65/hr.
- Provide psychiatric medication management for patients who are also being seen by the clinic’s primary care providers; Assess, evaluate, diagnose, prescribe, and follow up with Clinic’s mental health patients.
- Comply with evidence-based standards of care.
- Review lab results and process medication refill requests.
- Participate in clinical care coordination, consults, and case management with members of the integrated primary care-behavioral health team.
- Utilize the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system (NextGen) effectively to meet or exceed the documentation requirements to meet clinical quality benchmarks required by our grant funders and clinic-specific initiatives.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients.
- Current Oregon License for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Current DEA Controlled Substance Registration Certificate.
- Eligibility for provider status with Medicaid, Medicare, and any private insurance companies with whom the clinic contracts.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws and licensing board regulations.
- Ability to be insured by the clinic’s Professional Liability Insurance provider.
- Ability to provide clinical services to our patients in person & by telehealth from our 1400 Mill Street location.
- Ability and willingness to deliver services using trauma-informed, client-centered, and harm reduction practices.
- A commitment to providing culturally sensitive care to all patients regardless of housing, income, race, disability, transgender, gender diverse and LGBTQ+ status.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel and EHR experience.
- Maintaining current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training.
- A sense of humor!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Minimum two years providing medication management services in a medical practice.
- Experience working in a consensus environment.
- This position reports to the Medical Director.
- This position is subject to a 6-month probation period.