Sharing Healthcare Options Program (SHOP)
The Sharing Healthcare Options Program (SHOP) is here to help you sign up for free or low-cost health insurance. Many of our clients qualify for OHP (Oregon Health Plan, Oregon’s free Medicaid coverage), but if you are over the income cutoff, SHOP staff can also provide assistance with purchasing private insurance through www.healthcare.gov. We will answer your questions, help you submit your application, and track its progress until you actually have coverage.
- Monday: 10-3
- Tuesday: 10-3:30.
- Wednesday: 10-3:30.
- Thursday: 10-3:30.
Appointments outside of walk-in hours are available by request. Call for an appointment.
Program staff also conduct outreach activities and presentations at community venues and events—see our hours below.
Community Outreach Hours
- Catholic Community Services, 1464 W 6th Ave, 3rd Wednesday of the month, 9:00am – 11:00am
- Eugene Public Library, 100 W 10th Ave, Friday 11-2pm
- Eugene Service Station, 450 Hwy 99 N, every other Thursday, 10-12pm
- Eugene Mission, 1542 W 1st Ave, Mondays, 8-10am
- White Bird Clinic, 341 E 12th Ave, 10-4 pm, Tuesday-Wednesday
- Catholic Community Services, 1025 G St – Springfield, Last Wednesday of the month, 9:00am – 11:00am
- Department Of Human Services, 101 30th St, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 1-3pm
Location: 323 E 12th Ave, Eugene OR 97401
Email: Click Here
Interpretation Services Available
We provide free interpreter services.
ADA Accessible: Yes
Childcare: You are welcome to bring your children with you to your appointment if need be.
Eligibility: Everyone is welcome to contact us to learn more about their health insurance options, although our focus is on low-income individuals.
Information to Bring With You
Please bring the following information with you (about everyone in your household):
- Policy number(s) and plan name(s) for any current health insurance
- Information about health coverage available at work
- Social Security number(s), if you have them
- Immigration document(s), if you have them
- Email address(es), if you have them
- Employer and income information
Mail Service Available
We provide free mail service to assist with the process of receiving documentation related to benefits enrollment for our homeless clients in the Front Rooms program.