Eugene: 541-682-5111 / Springfield: 541-726-3714
CAHOOTS (Crisis Assistance Helping Out On The Streets) provides mobile crisis intervention 24/7 in the Eugene-Springfield Metro area. CAHOOTS is dispatched through the Eugene police-fire-ambulance communications center, and within the Springfield urban growth boundary, dispatched through the Springfield non-emergency number. Each team consists of a medic and a crisis worker.
CAHOOTS provides immediate stabilization in case of urgent medical need or psychological crisis, assessment, information, referral, advocacy and, in some cases, transportation to the next step in treatment. Any person who reports a crime in progress, violence, or a life-threatening emergency may receive a response from the police or emergency medical services instead of or in addition to CAHOOTS.
CAHOOTS offers a broad range of services, including but not limited to:
- Crisis Counseling
- Suicide Prevention, Assessment, and Intervention
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- Grief and loss
- Substance Abuse
- Housing Crisis
- First Aid and Non-Emergency Medical Care
- Resource Connection and Referrals
- Transportation to Services
CAHOOTS Media and training Inquiries
The power of White Bird’s CAHOOTS program lies in its community relationships and the ability of first responders to simply ask, ‘How can I support you today?’ White Bird Clinic is proud to be a part of spreading this type of response across Oregon and the rest of the United States.
Recent media mentions and appearances
Download Brochure (PDF)
Eugene Police and CAHOOTS Funding
- Contract with City of Eugene and White Bird Clinic
- CAHOOTS Program Analysis (Aug. 21, 2020)
- Infographic: How Central Lane 911 Processes Calls for Service
Contact for Services
Phone: CAHOOTS is dispatched in Eugene through the police-fire-ambulance communications center, 541-682-5111 and within the Springfield urban growth boundary through the non-emergency number, 541-726-3714.
Please Note: Services are only provided through the dispatch numbers, not the main clinic line or email.
- Fees: None
- ADA Accessible: We come to where you are.
- Appointment: None needed.
- Childcare: No
- Eligibility: Within Eugene and the Springfield urban growth boundary.
- FAQ: FAQ
- Download brochure