Vaccinations for Group 1A
White Bird launched an initiative to vaccinate health care workers in Group 1A to help expedite Lane County Public Health’s COVID-19 vaccination effort. On Monday, March 8th, we will be expanding that effort to serve all eligible members of the community. Our new sign-up system will go live Monday, March 8th at 9:00 AM.
— Eugene, OR Updates (@RedditEugene) March 6, 2021
Who is eligible for the vaccine?
- Hospital staff with patient care responsibilities
- Urgent care
- Skilled nursing and memory care facility healthcare personnel (HCP) and residents
- Tribal health programs
- Emergency medical services (EMS) providers and other first responders
- All health care interpreters and traditional health workers in any setting within Phase
- Other long-term care facilities, including all paid and unpaid HCP, all staff and contractors, including residents who meet the age requirements of:
- Residential care facilities Adult foster care
- Group homes for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Other similar congregate care sites
- Hospice programs
- Mobile crisis care and related services
- Individuals working in a correctional setting
- HCPs in outpatient settings serving specific high-risk groups
- Day treatment services
- Non-emergency medical transport
- Paid or unpaid caregivers (including parents or foster parents) of medically fragile children or adults who live at home
- Adults and age-eligible children who have a medical condition or disability who receive services in their homes
- All other outpatient HCPs
- Other HCP who provide direct service to people with I/DD and other high-risk populations.
- Other public health settings, such as HCP serving WIC, or CBO’s with direct or indirect exposures
How can I sign up for the vaccine?
Health care workers interested in getting vaccinated should visit http://bit.ly/wbc-vaccine or call 541-844-7736 to learn more and sign up for vaccination.
Please note: Staff at the agency’s main offices and medical clinic do not have information on the vaccination project, and White Bird asks folks to kindly not interrupt their ongoing work caring for our community’s low income and unhoused individuals. If you still have questions about your eligibility visit covidvaccine.oregon.gov use chatbot, text ORCOVID to 898211 to receive text / SMS updates (English and Spanish only) or email ORCOVID@211info.org.
How can I find out if I am eligible for the vaccine if I am not a health care worker or educator?
Members of the community interested in getting vaccinated should visit Lane County’s “How can I get the vaccine?” Page for the most up to date COVID‑19 vaccine scheduling and distribution information. Until Monday, March 8th, White Bird Clinic can only provide vaccinations to individuals from the groups above.
How can I volunteer to help?
White Bird has received an outpouring of volunteer offers from local clinicians and community members interested in helping protect their community. Clinicians and other health care staff who would like to volunteer should go to http://bit.ly/wbc-volunteer to sign up with White Bird or join the SERV-OR effort here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.