PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are scheduled on the first Thursday of every month.
- A desire to work with people struggling with substance abuse issues;
- Individuals who are recovering from drug abuse, drug dependence, or alcoholism must have continuous sobriety for the past two years.
- Can commit to a time period of 1 year, at a minimum of 10 hours a week;
- Sit in with trained counselors to learn the various functions of orientation, intakes, assessments, group work, case management, and relapse prevention planning;
- Participate in staff meetings and required clinic meetings and activities, including White Bird NVT;
- Conduct urine surveillance activities and do the paperwork associated with the collected samples;
- Assist in general office duties to back up the office staff as needed, answering phones, etc;
- Use proper grammar and punctuation;
- Participate in education and training;
- Reports to the Program Coordinator
Must be able to pass a background check prior to beginning internship.