This position has responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the White Bird Medical Clinic’s Vaccine Program (Bird Shot), with a specific focus on the Reception/Intake Process: assuring appropriate recording of patient information into electronic record, facilitating patient intake paperwork completion, moving patients through the vaccination process, and supporting other Clinic volunteers.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for $18 hours per week. Additional hours may become available as the program grows.
- Available to open / close the Vaccine Clinic and assist with set-up and take down Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.
- Basic computer and Internet use, confirming appointments, checking patients in and out, and other general reception duties as needed.
- Maintain proper documentation of provided vaccination services.
- Correct scheduling errors and participate in Trouble-Shooting efforts as needed.
- Oversee Vaccine Reception administrative tasks.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and a broad range of situations while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude
- Basic Computer Skills: Word / Excel / Internet (Firefox)
- Basic Math and English
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and to a deadline
- Willing to go the extra mile (or longer)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Complete confidentially agreement
- Complete new employee orientation
- Patience and a Sense of Humor.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
- Experience with sign up systems currently in use
Accountability: This position reports to the Medical Director and Vaccination “Bird Shot” Coordination Team.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3-month probationary period.