This position is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the medical clinic including answering phones, scheduling appointments, contacting patients for needed care, and working with other Program staff to improve the quality of care provided at our clinic.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 40 hours per week, and the salary is up to $18 an hour based on training and probation completion.
- General Office: Checking patients in and out, processing payments, answering multi-line phones, basic computer and Internet use, making appointments, verifying insurance eligibility, taking prescription refills for patients or pharmacies, calling labs pick up, and other general reception duties as needed.
- Records Management: making sure we have front office supplies, sorting mail, faxing documents. Navigation and documentation in EHR systems.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as well as additional meetings as scheduled.
- Office Support: Assist staff as needed
- One year reception or office experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population and a broad range of situations while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude
- Strong Computer Skills: Like word / Excel / Internet (Firefox)
- Basic Math and English
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and to a deadline
- Ability to multitask: answer multi line phone system, answer questions in person, and take messages simultaneously.
- Willing to go the extra mile (or longer)
- Complete new employee orientation (NVT)
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
- EHR experience
This position reports to the Front Office Receptionist Anchor.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3-month probationary period.