This Nurse is a member of the White Bird Community Health Team. The qualified nurse will have experience supervising staff and providing nursing care to patients with acute and chronic conditions at the White Bird Medical Clinic and other community partner sites.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 36 hours/week, and the salary is equivalent to $30.00/hr.
- Guide, organize and support the Community Health teams in caring for patients in a variety of community settings via telemedicine and face to face visits.
- Supervise White Bird Community Health staff and manage daily clinic functions.
- Perform patient triage both face to face and via the phone. Assess and prioritize patients’ need for care including referral to local Emergency Departments, Urgent Care, and/or White Bird Medical for a provider or nurse visit. Provide advice, written resource information, and or referrals to address social determinants of health and medical care not addressed at White Bird Medical.
- Utilize the nursing process, standing orders and nursing protocols to complete “nurse visits” that include a history, physical, assessment and plan.
- Act as liaison between White Bird Community Health, patients, and community medical agencies & diagnostic facilities to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Assist Front Office Reception including help with managing patient appointments and scheduling, acting as a resource for clinical questions.
- Collaborate with all White Bird Medical teams – behavioral health, referral, front desk, providers, medical assistants, scribes, Health Links.
- Participate in continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Community Health Clinic and its patients
- Ability and willingness to work in an EMR (electronic) environment and to meet or exceed the documentation requirements required to meet Meaningful Use and other clinical quality benchmarks required by our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives.
- Provide support to volunteer and staff providers by rooming patients, assisting with procedures, assisting with following clinic policies, and ensuring EHR documentation at the completion of shift.
- Complete White Bird Employee Orientation (NVT)
- Current Oregon RN license
- Minimum 2 years experience working as an RN with experience in the delivery of care in a Primary Care Clinic, Urgent Care, Walk In Clinic, or Emergency Room.
- Experience in trauma informed care and harm reduction.
- Ability to work with a wide range of patients including low/no income, LGBTQ+, and homeless adults
- Willingness to participate in continuing education
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Experience supervising medical staff.
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use the EHR system
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training
- A SENSE OF HUMOR.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Minimum of two years experience in primary care medical practice
- Experience working in a consensus environment
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6-month probationary period.