Health Links: “Unite Us” Resource Specialist
This position’s responsibilities will include supporting the “Unite Us” implementation and evaluation within the Medical Program and providing direct service to our patients through the Healthlinks project. We partner with academic institutions, community social service agencies and primary care providers to help redefine “health care” to include access to food, housing, and other basic resources as an essential part of patient care for our homeless and low-income patients.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 20 hours per week, and the hourly wage starts at $17/hr and goes up to $18/hr after the successful completion of a 6-month probation.
White Bird has received a grant from Kaiser Permanente to support the implantation and evaluation of the “Unite Us” network platform. “Unite Us” states that:
“With Unite Us, you can build and scale your coordinated care network, track outcomes together, identify service gaps and at-risk populations, and most importantly, empower members of your community to take ownership of their own health.”
- Work closely with the Healthlinks / SDoH Specialist to develop in depth knowledge of the Healthlinks program at White Bird Medical Clinic
- Represent White Bird in Unite Us meetings and trainings.
- Develop/Configure the Unite Us entries for White Bird Clinic beginning with the Medical Program
- Communicate innovations and challenges to the Medical Program Coordinator and other program staff regarding the Unite Us implementation and SDoH referrals in general.
- Assist Healthlinks staff with accessing social services to improve their patient’s ability to meet medical treatment goals.
- In conjunction with the Healthlinks team, develop and maintain a resource database of current social services resources in Lane County starting with the existing Healthlinks resource list
- Participate as a full member of the clinic team, including attending program meetings and acting as a resource for Clinic staff on the Healthlinks and “Unite Us” projects.
- Ensure and track high quality service delivery. Report data outcomes to the program on a monthly basis.
- Train Healthlinks staff to access SDoH resources for our patients through “Unite Us”.
- Other tasks and challenges as requested by the Program Coordinators
- 2-3 years of relevant social services experience required.
- Passion for White Bird’s mission and serving homeless and low/no income patients
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and value of cultural competence
- Commitment to improving the patient experience
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Complete White Bird New Employee Orientation/Training
- A Sense of Humor!
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient or quickly able to learn NextGen EHR Data Entry and Reporting tools
- Knowledge or experience of the Patient Centered Primary Care Home model
This position reports to the Medical Program Coordinators
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6-month probationary period.