- Hiring for 40 hours
- $22 per hour
- Includes employee benefits at 30+ hours (e.g., medical, dental, vision, health reimbursement funds and athletic membership reimbursement)
- White Bird is an approved National Health Service Corps (NHSC) site in which eligible applicants may receive up to $50,000 in loan repayment for an initial service commitment for 2 years.
Serve as the primary counselor for clients experiencing mental health concerns, substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders. Conduct individual therapy, group therapy and case management; possibly including couples and family counseling. Be able to provide mental health evaluations/assessments and substance use disorder evaluations/assessments or be willing to learn how to evaluate substance use disorders. Be willing to monitor urinalyses and if necessary, do paperwork associated with the collected samples. Assist in general office duties if needed. Actively participate in collaborative group meetings that shape policy for both the White Bird collective and the Chrysalis department.
- Masters degree in counseling, psychology, or other behavioral science field with the ability to be qualified as a QMHP (Qualified Mental Health Professional).
- Competence in mental health care, including assessment, and individual and group counseling. Have a minimum of two years of experience conducting psychotherapy.
- Competence in drug abuse treatment, including assessment, and individual and group counseling. Have a minimum of two years of experience in substance use disorder treatment.
- CADC (or the ability and willingness to obtain the same within 12 months of beginning employment).
- Individuals who are recovering from drug abuse, drug dependence, or alcoholism must have continuous sobriety for the past two years.
- Perform admission interviews, including necessary histories and referrals for clients experiencing mental health, substance use and co-occurring disorders.
- Determine eligibility, evaluate clients, perform case management and develop treatment plans for clients experiencing mental health and substance use disorders.
- Document client interactions appropriately and efficiently.
- Serve as the primary counselor to a number of clients based on FTE.
- Provide individual and group counseling.
- Participate in staff meetings and required clinic meetings and activities. Complete required training and work White Bird desk shifts, per staff requirements.
- Conduct urine surveillance activities, and if necessary, do the paperwork associated with the collected samples.
- Assist in general office duties to back up the office staff as needed, answering phones, etc.
- Participate in education and training for the staff and the public.
- Complete White Bird’s New Volunteer Training (NVT) or a modified version of NVT if appropriate.
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!
- Ability to independently manage the schedule and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work later afternoons, some evenings, and Saturdays.
- Use a humanistic approach when working with clients.
- Experience and desire to work in a collaborative consensus environment.
- This job has a six-month probation period and you must be able to pass a background check prior to employment.
- This job and its training will be a mixture of in-office and online until we move fully back to in-person business.