RN Case Manager
This position is responsible for coordinating care with patients who are patients of the medical clinic, focusing on self-management and improvement of patients’ medical conditions in coordination with substance use disorder treatment plans. This will include face-to-face office visits for patients with chronic or acute conditions under Nursing Protocols and Standing Orders.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired as a temporary position through 2/2021 for up to 36 hours per week. The salary is equivalent to $45/hr. and includes medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of patients’ physical, mental, psychosocial, and substance use disorder conditions.
- Develop care plans to prevent disease exacerbation, improve outcomes, increase patient engagement in self-care, decrease risk status, and minimize hospital and ED utilization.
- Utilize behavioral strategies to collaborate with patients to develop plans and strategies to manage and improve their health.
- Utilize standing orders and nursing protocols to order labs, referrals, medications, and provide education to support patient health improvement goals.
- Assist patients in navigating the health care systems and services and substance use disorders services.
- Coordinate Specialty care.
- Partner with external case management programs to coordinate care.
- Ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient progress/risk status.
- Document all patient communication and care provided in EMR and meet documentation requirements for Meaningful Use and other clinical benchmarks required by our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives.
- Current Oregon RN license with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and a broad range of situations while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education.
- Minimum of 4 years of nursing experience.
- Experience in the delivery of primary care.
- Experience working with patients with substance use disorders.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use and electronic EHR system.
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training.
- Receive approval of the Medical Director showing complete knowledge of all the Clinic’s Acute and Chronic Care Nursing Protocols within 3 months of hire date.
- Complete NVT.
- Able to function in a chaotic environment while maintaining A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Minimum of two years experience in primary care medical practice.
- Display knowledge of Chronic Disease processes including but not limited to Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, COPD, Hyperlipidemia, and the management of Warfarin.
- Experience working in a consensus environment.
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6-month probationary period.