Now Hiring: Medical Assistant
This position is responsible for assisting our providers in effectively providing excellent patient care.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 40 hours weekly at a rate of $18/hr. Benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance and standard sick/vacation pay.
- Perform routine assisting duties for the Medical Director, physicians and volunteer physicians under direct, onsite supervision of an MD or RN as approved by the Medical Director. This will include but not be limited to obtaining vital signs, patient medical history, presenting problem & maintain examination/treatment rooms.
- Assist with examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Help maintain medical records to insure quality (includes patient history, problem lists, vital signs, patient communications, immunizations & medications) and act as “scribe” during patient visits.
- Scrubbing charts for upcoming appointments. Looking for recent labs, imaging, outside consultation notes, recent hospital records, and/or new medical records.
- Educate the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising physician in health maintenance, disease prevention, and compliance with patients’ treatment plan.
- Perform procedural and diagnostic coding for reimbursement.
- Care Coordination: Serve as “communication liaison” between the physician and patient by assisting the patient in communicating their needs to the physician.
- Screen and follow-up test results.
- Perform electrocardiography, ear lavage, Snellen eye chart, and other tests in the clinic.
- Sterilization of surgical instruments. Inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Make sure rooms are well kept and stocked.
- Deep clean patient rooms every Friday
- Perform blood draws.
- Process blood, urine, specimens, etc…. Ready specimens to be sent to the lab.
- Minimum one year experience in a medical practice.
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients including low/no income and homeless adults recognizing and respecting cultural diversity.
- Ability to utilize and apply medical terminology appropriately.
- Receive, organize, prioritize, store and maintain transmittable information utilizing electronic technology.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.) and the ability to effectively learn and/or utilize Electronic Health Records.
- Ability to identify and respond to issues of confidentiality. Knowledge of HIPAA.
- Understanding of Standard Precautions, including hand washing and disposal of bio-hazardous materials.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education.
- Complete White Bird New Volunteer/Staff Training (NVT).
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Current Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant by a recognized certification body.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience in working in a consensus environment.
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6-month probationary period.