Interim CAHOOTS Communications Coordinator
Three years’ experience in social services with at least one year’s experience in a White Bird program preferred. Proficiency in word processing and database applications.
-Experience with field-based social services.
-Knowledgeable of local social service providers and public safety and communications agencies.
-Financial skills including budgeting.
- Coordinate with the CAHOOTS team to create messaging with the public.
- Represent CAHOOTS in media requests or delegate to appropriate team members.
- Coordinate with White Bird Communications Department regarding external communication and public representation of CAHOOTS programs.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with the Police Departments, Fire/EMS, dispatchers, local city governments, and other community agencies.
- Work at least one van shift per week within four months of hire.
- Attend other meetings related to the operation and management of the CAHOOTS and CAHOOTS Metro programs.
- Provide some presentations on the CAHOOTS program to outside agencies.
- Program correspondence, typing and form design.
- Regular presence in the office during business hours.
- Participation in program and clinic responsibilities including CAHOOTS program meeting and White Bird Community Meeting and ProCo as needed
- Management of other routine business.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Reports to CAHOOTS team, White Bird Communications Department, and the Equity Council
- Maintain full transparency with CAHOOTS team.
- Must complete New Staff Orientation/New Volunteer Training and 6-month probation.
Term Duration: position sunsets every two years and is rehired.