Now Hiring: Electronic Health Records Specialist
White Bird Clinic programs currently utilize different software systems to manage client record-keeping (NextGen, OWITS, FileMaker Pro, and Daisy). We are in the process of transitioning to an integrated, single database Electronic Health Record system (EHR) across the agency. This transition is expected to be completed by 2021. The EHR Specialist provides technical support for the transition, and on-going support for the new EHR once it is in place. Technical support will include configuring, updating, and maintaining systems; help staff improve and manage their workflows; help staff better utilize software features. Two positions are currently being offered, one in the White Bird Medical Clinic, which currently uses, NextGen, and the other serves White Bird’s Behavioral Health and Crisis Programs, where NextGen will be rolled out next. These positions are part of the Admin-IT team and support EHR use across the agency.
These positions are being hired for 40 hours weekly.
About White Bird Clinic:
White Bird Clinic is a non-profit collective, organized to enable people to gain control of their social, emotional, and physical well-being through direct service, education, and community. In 1969, a small group of student activists and concerned practitioners founded White Bird to provide crisis services and free medical care to counter-culture youth in Eugene. Having grown continuously for fifty years, White Bird Clinic now has ten programs, over 200 staff members, and more than 400 volunteers. In response to burgeoning community need, White Bird is expanding its medical, dental, behavioral health, addiction treatment and crisis services including CAHOOTS, a nationally recognized mobile crisis intervention program. We provide trauma-informed care in a Patient Centred Medical Home (PCMH) environment, coordinating care for our clients across programs.
Pay and Benefits:
$22.00 per hour with dental & medical insurance plus sick, vacation and holiday pay.
EHR Support (65%)
- Work with EHR vendor, third party vendors, and White Bird IT Staff to optimally develop, install, configure and maintain interfaces and applications.
- Configure application and system settings to meet the needs of the program and staff members.
- Coordinate with third-party vendor to design custom templates (forms for entering and tracking patient information) and reports as needed.
- Develop continuous quality improvement processes using internal data sources and assisting in data validation.
- Collaborate with EHR team members, White Bird IT and program staff, and third-party vendors to develop, evaluate and execute improvement projects on an ongoing basis.
- Create reports and/or work with application vendors to create/modify/edit reports that meet clinical, business and compliance needs.
- Manage privileging and permissions in the EHR and related systems.
- Open support requests with EHR and third-party vendors when needed.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA, CMS, and other regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate new EHR-related products available to White Bird Clinic for applicability, value, and usability.
- Build and maintain data warehouse to be used for internal and external reporting.
- Collaborate with White Bird staff to prepare finalized tables ready for submission into the HRSA Electronic Handbook (EHB) and facilitate patient demographics and clinical outcome reporting as defined and requested by HRSA
EHR Training (25%)
- Provide direct support and troubleshooting to users as necessary
- Become familiar with the workflows of clinical and support staff that utilize the EHR
- Participate and assist in employee EHR training
- Provide support to development team, including consultants by assessing whether end user issues are caused by a defect/deficiency requiring development work or whether further end user training is needed
- Act as a Clinic-wide superuser for White Bird Clinic
- Participate in teams that review workflows for efficiencies (how to use the EHR to reduce work) and to enhance grant/State/National requirement compliance
- Build rapport and promote teamwork by maintaining a professional and positive attitude in the work environment, working to maintain open and professional lines of communication with end users and colleagues
- Attend weekly staff meetings as well as additional meetings as scheduled.
- Cross train with the other EHR specialist on a quarterly basis to provide vacation, sick and other coverage
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Software configuration experience
- Experience with software testing and testing environments
- Two years EHR desktop support experience or equivalent
- Ability and desire to learn new technology products
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative to start projects, and autonomously solving problems
- Strong analytical, language and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on communicating effectively about technology to all levels of users
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the health care and/or social services field, including patient care and practice management
- Infinite patience
- NextGen system administration experience strongly preferred. In lieu of NextGen experience, other EHR, EDR and practice management system administration experience strongly preferred
- Post-secondary education in computer science, health information, or health care related field
- Experience with database (MS SQL) applications
- Experience working in or desire to work in a consensus environment
- A sense of humor
- This position reports to Admin and IT Teams and also works very collaboratively with all Program Coordinators and their Departments.
- This position has a six-month probationary period. All new staff will be required to attend New Volunteer Training, to be discussed in interview.