CAHOOTS Medic Specialist
Currently licensed in the State of Oregon as an EMT or RN, with at least one year experience as CAHOOTS Medic preferred. Proficiency in word processing and database applications.
–Knowledgeable of local public safety protocol including Lane County EMS.
-Experience in equipment ordering, inventory, and maintenance.
- Maintenance of certification/licensure records for CAHOOTS Medics and BLS certifications for all CAHOOTS personnel.
- Maintenance of CAHOOTS medical standard operating procedures.
- Oversight of ordering, inventory, and maintenance of medical equipment for CAHOOTS and White Bird Schools Mobile Clinic Program.
- Coordination of Medic continuing education and recertification.
- Communication between the Medical Director and the CAHOOTS team.
- Communication with other White Bird departments regarding medical care of mutually cared for clients.
- Assist CAHOOTS program Coordinators with fire/EMS and hospital relations.
- Assist CAHOOTS program Coordinators with charting review and medical records.
- Other CAHOOTS administrative and White Bird intra-agency duties as assigned.
- Must complete New Staff Orientation/New Volunteer Training and 6-month probation period.
- Reports to CAHOOTS team.
- Work at least one van shift per week within four months of hire.
- Maintain full transparency with CAHOOTS team.
Term Duration: position sunsets every two years and is rehired.