CAHOOTS Community Education Specialist
Preferred two years’ experience in a fully-trained CAHOOTS field service position. Experience in field- and classroom-based education and curriculum development.
-Experience in training and ongoing education.
-De-escalation training experience
-Familiarity with Columbia Suicide Severity Risk Assessment, other mental health screening tools.
- Facilitation and delegation of training and presentation requests from the community at large.
- Develop strategy and oversee community education efforts
- Engage community partners in collaborative training including EMS, EPD, SPD and county programs.
- Work at least one van shift per week within four months of hire.
- Participation in program and clinic responsibilities including CAHOOTS program meeting.
- Coordinate with Outreach Specialist to assist with community trainings as able
- Collaborate on development and maintenance of training materials including and monthly team trainings.
- Reports to CAHOOTS team.
- Maintain full transparency with CAHOOTS team.
- Must complete New Staff Orientation/New Volunteer Training and 6-month probation period.
Term Duration: position sunsets every two years and is rehired.