Substance Abuse Counselor
40 hours available, potentially to split amongst 2 people
Pay and Benefits:
$15-$18/hr plus sick and vacation. Dental and medical insurance at 30 hours per week.
- Two (2) years experience in drug-abuse treatment and CADC (or the ability and willingness to obtain same within 12 months of beginning employment)
- Competence in drug abuse treatment, including evaluation skills and individual, family, and group counseling expertise.
- Individuals who are recovering from drug abuse, drug dependence, or alcoholism must have continuous sobriety for the past two years.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
- Experience working with Electronic Health Records
- Perform admission interviews, including necessary histories and referrals.
- Determine eligibility, evaluate clients, perform case management and develop treatment plans.
- Serve as primary counselor to several clients, proportionate to hours worked, possibly including couples and family counseling.
- Participate in staff meetings and required clinic meetings and activities. Complete required training.
- Conduct urine surveillance activities, and if necessary, do the paperwork associated with the collected samples.
- Assist in general office duties to back up the office staff as needed.
- Participate in education and training for the staff and the public
- Help organize and lead counseling groups and support groups.
- Reports to the Program Coordinator
NOTE: Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to work start date. 6 month probation period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.