SHOP Department Outreach and Enrollment Assister
30-40 hours per week
Pay and Benefits:
Training wage is $15-$17 per hour, based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, sick leave, holidays and vacation.
As a team member, this position is part of Sharing Healthcare Options Program (SHOP), a program to assist homeless individuals eligible for public or private health insurance.
- Learn the eligibility requirements, the plans available and enrollment process.
- Maintain certification with Oregon Health Authority.
- Work with team to develop presentations.
- Present information to groups and to eligible individuals by appointment, phone or in the field.
- Lead consumers through application and enrollment process.
- Document contacts for program statistics.
- Complete reports for timely and accurate submissions.
- English/Spanish speaker preferred.
- At least two years of experience in a homeless, crisis intervention, mental health, information and referral or substance abuse environment.
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively with various populations, especially homeless.
- Ability to network with other agencies.
- Ability to make group presentations and assist individuals with benefits/entitlements.
- Basic computer skills, including work processing and data entry.
- Written and oral communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Pass the required criminal background check.
- Complete all required training, pass and maintain certification.
- Complete White Bird’s new employee orientation.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- A sense of humor.
- Successfully complete a 6 month probationary period
- Reports to the Homeless Coordinator
- Experience in team work and in leadership role.
- Trained and experienced in working with Oregon Health Authority and use of their portal.
- American Sign Language.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.