RN Case Manager
This position is being hired for up to 36 hours per week.
Pay and Benefits:
The salary is equivalent to $33/hr., $35/hr. with BSN or higher (May be eligible for education funding to attain BSN).
This position is responsible for face-to-face office visits for patients with chronic or acute conditions as defined by the White Bird Clinic Nursing Protocols in consultation with the clinic Medical Director.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of patients’ physical, mental, and psychosocial needs and develop care plans to prevent disease exacerbation, improve outcomes, increase patient engagement in self-care, decrease risk status, and minimize hospital and ED utilization.
- Follow standing orders and nursing protocols to order labs, referrals, medications, provide education, support patient goals to improve health.
- Utilize behavioral strategies to help patients adopt healthy behaviors and improve self-care in chronic disease management. Promote self-management goals.
- Assist patients in navigating the health care system. Coordinate Specialty care; follow-up on test results and other care coordination needs.
- Follow-up with patients within 24 hours on inpatient discharge & within 48 hours of ED visit notification.
- Partner with external case management programs to coordinate care.
- Ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient progress/ risk status.
- Document all patient communication and care provided in EMR and meet documentation requirements for Meaningful Use and other clinical benchmarks required by any and all our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives.
- Current Oregon RN license.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and a broad range of situations while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a highly functional and collaborative team.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education.
- Minimum of 4 years of nursing experience.
- Experience in the delivery of primary care.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use and electronic EHR system.
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training.
- Receive approval of the Medical Director showing complete knowledge of all the Clinic’s Acute and Chronic Care Nursing Protocols within 3 months of hire date.
- Complete NVT.
- Able to function in a chaotic environment while maintaining A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Minimum of two years experience in primary care medical practice.
- Display knowledge of Chronic Disease processes including but not limited to Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, COPD, Hyperlipidemia, and the management of Warfarin.
- Experience working in a consensus environment.
Accountability: This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6 month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.