Pay and Benefits:
Salary equivalent to $51/hour
This position is responsible for providing direct patient care to our medical clinic’s patients and supporting the Medical Director/Staff Physician as needed.
Pay and Benefits:
Negotiable hours, salary equivalent to $51/hour.
White Bird Medical Clinic is a participant in the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program.
- Provide direct patient care as directed by the Clinic’s Medical Director.
- Perform routine duties including, but not limited to histories, physicals, ordering of diagnostic tests and medications.
- Complete primary care visits and determine, establish and administer an overall treatment plan for patients and chronically ill clients.
- Participate in clinical care coordination, consults, and case management with members of the integrated primary care-behavioral health team.
- Provide appropriate medical records documentation in a consistent and timely manner on all patients in accordance with policy.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients.
- Using the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system effectively to meet or exceed the documentation requirements to meet clinical quality benchmarks required by our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives.
- Current unrestricted Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) License with prescriptive privileges.
- Ability to be approved by the clinic’s Professional Liability Insurance provider.
- Ability to deliver services using trauma-informed, client-centered, and harm reduction practices.
- Previous experience and/or openness to providing culturally competent care to homeless and indigent patients.
- Previous experience and/or openness to providing culturally competent care to transgender, gender diverse and LGBTQ+ patients.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws and licensing board regulations.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel and EHR experience.
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training.
- A sense of humor!
- Experience providing medical care to homeless and/or low-income populations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Two years experience in a primary care setting.
- Experience working in a consensus environment.
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6 month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.