Chrysalis Peer Support Specialist
20 hrs a week
Pay and Benefits:
$15.00 to $18.00 per hour
Chrysalis is a client-centered, humanistic treatment program based on the belief that all people can develop a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. We provide innovative outpatient services for adults over 18 who need alcohol and/or drug treatment as well as mental health services.
Our ideal candidate will work with our female population and combine skills of self-direction, motivation, the ability to work independently as well as with a team, healthy boundaries, good communication and excellent work ethic.
- Individual must be a person who has progressed in their own recovery from alcohol and/or other drug use and is willing to self-identify as a peer and work to assist individuals with chemical dependency.
- Be able to use a computer and keyboard and learn how to use an electronic health system
- Possess a valid Oregon driver’s license
- Have completed a substance abuse program and meet the requirements of the agency
- Complete AMH approved training for Peer Support and be a Certified Recovery Mentor
- Complete White Birds New Volunteer Training
- Complete a 6-month probation period
- Peer Support Specialists aid in others recovery by providing valuable information about:
- The recovery process
- Symptom management
- Resources for assistance
- In addition, the Peer Support Specialist will assist in
- Advocating for the individual
- Aiding in self determination
- Seeking support services
- The Peer Support Specialist performs a wide range of tasks to assist clients in regaining independence and mastery over chemical dependence and offers empathy, support and advice as challenges present themselves. Services will be provided in a wide variety of settings in the community such as:
- Professional and private facilities
- Clients homes
- Offices and clinics
- Self-help groups
- This position reports to the Program Coordinator
The employment offer will be contingent on an acceptable driving record and criminal background investigation.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.