Mental Health Counselor
Up to 30 hours/week.
Pay and Benefits:
$22/hour. Health Care benefits @ 30+ hour / week position. All employees earn vacation, sick and paid holidays.
We are looking for an individual who can schedule clients later in the afternoons, early evenings, later in the week and on weekends. Opportunity to supervise if Licensed.
White Bird Clinic provides mental health services through the Oregon Health Plan and the federally funded PATH project. We are seeking qualified applicants to join a small team in serving these clients. Reports to the department coordinator.
- QMHP Eligible – Masters Degree in Counseling or related mental health field
- Experience counseling individuals
- Experience working with homeless and low-income populations and a wide range of clinical issues.
- Ability to team-counsel and train
- Experience in working with diverse populations including LGBTQ++
- Experience with couples and families
- Ability to add hours if needed
- Licensed or working towards licensure
- Dual-diagnosis experience welcome
- Maintain a weekly caseload of clients;
- Keep case records and other paperwork as required;
- Provide training/supervision through team-counseling and debriefing;
- Attend weekly program meetings;
- Complete White Bird introductory course
- Reports to program coordinator for purposes of quality assurance, accountability, and continuous improvement of services.
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to hire date. Probation period of 6 months.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.