Mental Health Billing/Coding Specialist – Behavioral Health
Part Time (20 hours per-week)
Pay and Benefits:
$15.00 - $18.00/hour DOE
- Minimum one (1) year current experience insurance coding, billing, and accounts
receivable processes in a behavioral health setting.
- Current and thorough knowledge of billing, insurance processing, follow-up, and
managed care requirements-with a primary emphasis on the Oregon Health
- Experience with Electronic Health Records, Next-gen preferred.
- Ability to read explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Experience logging and applying payments and the ability to conduct thorough A/R follow-up.
- Current and thorough knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Demonstration of dependability, initiative, cooperation, and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers in a team atmosphere and treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Ability to effectively interact clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientations.
- Process new patient intake and verify patient benefits.
- Send claims to insurance companies for payment.
- Enter patient billing charges and issue statements.
- Respond to billing questions within one business day, answering questions related tobilling statements and outstanding balances.
- Manage claim rejections and denials, issuing appeals and corrected claims as needed
- Prepare monthly reports including Accounts Receivable, Payments/Charges/Write-offs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of New Volunteer training. (NVT)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Successful completion of a background check.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.