This position is being hired for up to 20 hours/week.
Pay and Benefits:
Starts at $15/hour (increases to $17/hour after training, and $18/hour after successfully passing probation).
Maintains a record of care during patient visits to the clinic by transcribing the contents of a patient’s chart as dictated by the provider, entering these into the clinic’s electronic health record, and ensuring that all aspects of the chart have been completed before it is signed by the provider.
- Charts history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam findings, and assessment and plan
- Records medication, family, surgical/hospital, and social history
- Completes all forms within the chart as necessary for billing, follow-up care, and HRSA grant compliance utilizing UDS measures
- Assists the provider with equipment acquisition and set-up
- Provides courteous assistance to patients when necessary (e.g. getting them a glass of water or pillow to lay on)
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA guidelines
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 6 months experience as a medical scribe
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Professionalism with coworkers and patients
- Oral and written communication
- Familiarity with electronic health records
- 60+ WPM typing speed with low rate of error
- Consistently accurate spelling and grammar
- Background in medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Familiarity with HIPAA privacy guidelines
Accountability: This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6 month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.