Interim Medical Operations Coordinator
This position is being hired for 30 hours/week.
Pay and Benefits:
$20.08/hr plus benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance.
The aim of this position is to provide leadership and direction to improve existing systems and resources for the day-to-day operations of the medical clinic; to represent the Medical Program in coordination with the local service delivery agencies and planning communities; to streamline patient care channels between the Medical Clinic and other White Bird programs, under direction of the medical providers;
- Service Delivery Buck stopper – Coordinate ongoing functions required for White Bird Medical Clinic to deliver high quality, patient-centered care in our allopathic medical clinic in compliance with our grants and accepted medical clinic practices.
- Tactical Planning – Working with Providers and the Interim Program Coordinator to develop and oversee the day-to-day projects aimed at delivering high quality patient care.
- Staff oversight and development – Oversee staff issues as they arise and assist program staff in conflict resolution and self-care.
- Project Management – Train staff to manage the program’s ongoing projects. Provide project management guidance and train staff in PM skills for projects at Medical. The projects will focus on organizing and improving the clinical aspects of the Program.
- Finance – Assist the Interim Program Coordinator, Medical Director and Program staff in understanding the operational and clinical implications of financial decisions as they arise.
- Grants – Assist in formulating grant application proposals, review Clinic Admin drafts, and provide input into funding opportunities.
- Training – Oversee staff training for clinical staff in Program Resources and Operational Workflows.
- QI Team Lead – Lead QA/QI projects to improve workflows and quality of care issues.
- White Bird Collective – Work with other White Bird Programs’ to improve Medicals’ ability to provide for other program needs and participate in the develop of effective workflows for improving agency-wide coordinated patient care.
- Participate as a member of the medical administrative meeting to steer program development and population-based health management (PCPCH), under direction of medical providers.
- Transition management and stability – Once hired, assist in training the new Medical Program Coordinator and Medical Operations Coordinator in effectively managing a program at White Bird and in the details of the White Bird Medical Clinic.
- Five (5) years of experience in progressively more responsible human service or medical administrative positions.
- Current Oregon RN license.
- Three (3) years of experience in a primary care medical care clinic.
- Proven leadership and relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and to a deadline
- Patience, intelligence, communication skills and a sense of humor
- Strong project management, attention to detail, written and oral communication skills
- Complete new employee orientation.
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- Extensive knowledge of NextGen EHR/EPM
- Knowledge of delivering care in a Federally Qualified Health Center or SafetyNet Medical Clinic
- Working knowledge of PCPCH, Meaningful Use, Population Based Healthcare, PDSA Quality Assurance Framework, and Metrics based management techniques.
This position is being hired for 30 hours a week at program coordinator pay and will report to the Medical Director and Clinic Coordinators. Six-month probation period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.