17.5 hours a week
Pay and Benefits:
A member of the Front Room Team, this position manages the living room’s homeless day access services, maintaining a safe place both inside and outside 341 East 12th and includes training responsibilities. In the absence of the Receptionist, provides after hours phone reception for all White Bird programs.
- Two years’ experience in a White Bird service program, or direct service provision in a non-profit.
- Able to multi-task
- Able to stay calm, kind, non-judgmental with a variety of vulnerable clients.
- No conviction for predatory crime.
- Complete CPR and First Aid training within one month of hire.
- Comply with confidentiality and HIPAA policies.
- Able to manage telephones, computer data input, collect statistics daily
- A sense of Humor
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in working in a Collective
- Initial point of contact for those using the front room.
- Triage client needs, including client phone and bathroom privileges, requests to speak with a Crisis worker, requests for blankets/clothing
- Provide human services information and referral resources.
- Manage signup for and deliver mail and messages.
- Receive and receipt donations
- Keep service statistics
- Attend weekly program meeting
- Shares the responsibility for keeping the front rooms tidy
- Maintain human service resources including the brochure rack
- Complete new employee orientation
- Lobby Buckstopper reports to Program Coordinator
Probation of 6 months
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.