HIPAA Compliance Security Officer
20-40 hours a week
Pay and Benefits:
$18.00 per hour
The HIPAA security officer is responsible for the continuous management of information security policies, procedures, and technical systems to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all White Bird Clinic information systems. HIPAA security officers should be familiar with how ePHI is handled at White Bird Clinic so that they can develop an ePHI plan to ensure its security.
- Experience with implementation and adherence with HIPAA Compliance Policies.
- Strong understanding of current HIPAA regulations and current laws pertaining to the State of Oregon.
- Able to coordinate and manage agencies compliance efforts with accuracy and efficiency.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Successful completion of New Volunteer Training
- Manage all employee and compliance activity for the entire agency.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinators to make sure that the entire agency is aware of compliance requirements and issues.
- Manage internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
- Work closely with department coordinators to review all departmental policies for compliance issues.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of legislative and regulatory initiatives for implementation.
- Manage appropriate policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures for information security systems.
- Coordinate with the Privacy Officer.
- Monitor, direct, and deliver initial security training and orientation to all employees, volunteers, medical and professional staff, contractors, alliances, business associates, and other appropriate third parties.
- Coordinate with management and operations to follow a mechanism to track access to PHI within the practice, as required by state and federal regulation, and to allow qualified individuals to review or receive a report on access activity.
- Ensure compliance with security practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with security policies for all individuals in the practice’s workforce and for all business associates (BAs).
- Review breaches in compliance and correct deficiencies.
- Maintain a current, up-to-date knowledge of federal and state privacy laws and accreditation standards.
- Cooperate with other legal entities and organization officers in any compliance reviews, audits, or investigations.
- In charge of monitoring internal audits that assess HIPAA compliance.
- In the event of a breach, The Security Officer and Privacy Officer should investigate the breach, including why or how it occurred, and then take actions to correct it. Assemble remediation plans that fully document the details of the breach, along with exactly the corrective measures that were taken to fix it.
- A HIPAA security officer should monitor internal audits that assess the status of White Bird Clinic’s HIPAA compliance.
- HIPAA security officer should be familiar with Incident Management and Remediation measures, in the event of a breach.
Note: This position has a 6-month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.