Front Office Phone Receptionist
This position is being hired for up to 40 hours per week
Pay and Benefits:
The salary to start is equivalent is $15 hr.
This position is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the medical clinic including answering phones, scheduling appointments, contacting patients for needed care, and working with other Program staff to improve the quality of care provided at our clinic.
- General Office: Answering multi-line phones, basic computer and Internet use, making appointments, verifying insurance eligibility, taking prescription refills for patients or pharmacies, calling labs for results, and other general reception duties as needed. Practice runs on NextGen EPM/EHR.
- Records Management: making sure we have supplies, sorting mail, faxing documents.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as well as additional meetings as scheduled.
- Office Support: Assist staff as needed
- One year Medical and/or Dental Office Experience
- Ability to work with a diverse population and a broad range of situations while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude
- Strong Computer Skills: Word / Excel / Internet (Firefox) / NextGen EPM & EHR
- Basic Math and English (must be able to alphabetize)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and to a deadline
- Willing to go the extra mile (or longer)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Complete new employee orientation / NVT
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
This position reports to the Front Office Receptionist Anchor.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6-month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.