40 hours per week
Pay and Benefits:
$18-22 per hour (depending on experience) with dental & medical insurance plus sick, vacation and holiday pay.
The EHR Trainer develops and delivers training related to the implementation and support for White Bird’s Electronic Health Record information system, which uses the NextGen platform.
The EHR Trainer possesses and demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of and skill in areas of healthcare applications, technology, and/or education as evidenced by experience in providing classroom and/or on-site training in health information systems. They conduct needs and skills assessments for end users to determine the type and duration of training needed, develop training documentation and outlines, and deliver training to end-users with varying levels of computer literacy and in a range of clinical modules/applications. They must have the ability to understand healthcare software, explain technical concepts to non-technical staff members, and to translate administrative and operating requirements into clear, specific, and actionable curricula and then implement and teach those curricula.
- Assesses, plans, develops and implements educational programs for staff based on needs assessments, new computer applications, system updates, and other organizational goals and changes.
- Provides classroom, one-on-one and roaming support for end users, including support staff and clinicians.
- Updates and refines training program components based on user needs.
- Assists program coordinators in establishing educational goals and plans regarding clinical applications for the department/clinic, for a specific group of employees, or a single employee with educational needs.
- Serve as agency-wide superuser
- Assess the training needs of end users and design effective training materials and techniques for individuals with different levels of computer literacy.
- Research, interpret, explain and apply information from computer software technical manuals and guides, videos and online materials.
- Use written and oral presentation and communication skills in order to effectively communicate to a diverse audience ranging from unskilled personnel to highly trained and experienced staff members with a wide range of computer skills at all levels.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of clinical and operational workflows in order to develop and implement workflow documentation for training in clinical software applications
- Create workflow diagrams that illustrate successful workflow outcomes
- Works with Performance Coordinator and Electronic Records Specialist to ensure quality data is collected across the agency
- Conduct clinical software application trainings
- Support clinic staff by providing technical support, troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements
- Provide support to development team and/or consultants in the form of comprehensive testing of all aspects of clinical application software.
- Provide support to development team and/or consultants by assessing whether each end user issues requires training to remediate, or is caused by a defect or deficit requiring development work. If development work is required, the trainer serves as single point of contact and manages the agency side of the development process.
- Work with Performance Coordinator and Electronic Records Specialist to ensure quality data is collected across the agency
- Work independently
- Work collaboratively with colleagues of various educational levels
- Assist with tracking of end user trainings attendance, course completion and testing.
- Build rapport and promote team work by maintaining a professional and positive attitude in the learning environment at all times, working to maintain open and professional lines of communication with all end users and colleagues, and utilizing key change management principles.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with work or volunteer experience preferred in healthcare, teaching, informatics, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in adult education, training, and health care preferred.
- Health care experience desirable
- Experience working with EHRs, specifically NextGen, desirable
- Experience with mentoring, guiding and training in a class room setting, desirable
Accountability: This position reports to the CORE Team.
This position has a six-month probationary period. All new staff will be required to attend New Volunteer Training, to be discussed in interview.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.