20 - 40 hours
Pay and Benefits:
White Bird Clinic provides ongoing mental health treatment/counseling through Oregon Health Plan, local and state grants, and low-cost sliding scale fees. These services are delivered by both paid and volunteer staff, both credentialed and un-credentialed. We are seeking an individual to coordinate the clinical and organizational elements of the counseling program.
- Counseling licensure in Oregon: eg-LCSW, LMFT, LPC, etc.
- QMHP eligible – Master’s or Ph.D. in Counseling or related mental health field, and Oregon license.
- Experience with counseling individuals, couples, families.
- Experienced and credentialed (or eligible) for providing clinical supervision.
- Experience working with clients who are low/no income, also with co-occurring disorders and a wide variety of clinical issues.
- Experience with administrative tasks and functions.
- A sense of humor.
- Have, or be able to obtain, BLS or CPR certification.
- Interest and ability to work collaboratively in a collective, using a consensus-based decision making model.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check prior to work start date.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, such as people experiencing homelessness.
- Interest in a long-term commitment.
- Carry a small caseload of counseling clients.
- Provide individual supervision on both scheduled and as-needed basis, and participate in group clinical supervision.
- Review clinical files and approve treatment plans.
- Interface with other programs, agencies, outside systems, and funders.
- Participate in grant/contract development, renewal, reporting, compliance.
- Share in the training to new department staff, NVT, and the periodic counseling course.
- Attend relevant department and agency meetings.
- Complete new employee orientation training.
- Reports to core administrative team for purposes of quality assurance, accountability, and continuous improvement of services.
- Other duties as necessary.
Probation period of 6 months
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.