This position works in a relief pool to provide support as necessary.
Pay and Benefits:
Wages are equivalent to $15 per hour. Medical and dental insurance if at least 30 hours per week.
- Work CAHOOTS shifts patrolling the streets & parks of Eugene as dispatched by 911.
- Have primary responsibility for making medical assessments of clients and for providing medical care within the EMT-B scope of practice in accordance with CAHOOTS protocols and standing orders.
- Attend required department & clinic meetings & share in other responsibilities as relevant.
- Complete all required trainings, including defensive driver training through the City of Eugene as arranged by White Bird Clinic.
- Be commissioned by the City of Eugene as a Transportation Officer to perform the duties set forth in ORS 430.399, i.e., to decide whether to transport an intoxicated person to a treatment facility. In no case will CAHOOTS transport anyone over their expressed objections.
- Complete White Bird’s New Volunteer Training within four months of hire.
- Share in front desk reception duties (if half-time or more).
- Currently licensed as an EMT or RN.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population including impoverished and alienated persons.
- Ability to drive and to repeatedly climb in and out of a commercial van, ability to operate a cell phone, police radio and lap-top computer, ability to occasionally lift at least 50 kilograms.
- Must be able to pass a stringent criminal background check and driving record review, both conducted by the Eugene Police Department.
- Current professional level CPR certification.
- A sense of humor.
We are collecting a pool of applications in anticipation of hiring several positions soon.
All new employees will be on probation for six months.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.