CAHOOTS Crisis Intervention Worker
This positions hours will be determined upon interview/hiring.
Pay and Benefits:
Salaray equivalent to $15.00 per hour. Medical and dental insurance if at least 30 hours per week.
- Work CAHOOTS shifts patrolling the streets and parks of Eugene and Springfield as dispatched by 911.
- Assume primary responsibility for making mental health assessments of clients and for providing crisis counseling.
- Attend required department and clinic meetings and share in other responsibilities as relevant.
- Complete all required trainings, including defensive driver training through the City of Eugene as arranged by White Bird Clinic.
- Be commissioned by the City of Eugene as a Transportation Officer to perform the duties set forth in ORS 430.399, i.e., to decide whether to transport an intoxicated person to a treatment facility. In no case will CAHOOTS transport anyone over their expressed objections.
- Complete White Bird’s New Volunteer Training within four months of hire.
- Complete 6-month probation period.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years experience in crisis intervention or delivery of mental health services in non-traditional settings.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population including impoverished and alienated persons.
- Ability to drive and to repeatedly climb in and out of a commercial van, ability to operate a cell phone, police radio and lap-top computer, ability to occasionally lift at least 50 kilograms.
- Must be able to pass a stringent criminal background check and driving record review, both conducted by the Eugene Police Department.
- Current certification in first aid & CPR.
- A sense of humor.
All new employees will be on probation for six months.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.