Back Office RN
This position is being hired for up to 36 hr/week
Pay and Benefits:
The salary is equivalent to $30.00/hr.
This position is responsible for working at the top of their license as a team member to provide nursing care in a primary care clinic including triage, nurse visits, accurate and timely documentation of patient care, rooming patients, orienting volunteers, and assisting providers with treatment-oriented needs as requested.
- Support providers by coordinating care including processing referrals, generating lab orders, contacting patients regarding lab results, processing medication refill requests
- Perform in person or phone triage. Specifically identify patients’ needs for care including referral to local Emergency Departments, Urgent Care, and/or White Bird Medical for a provider or nurse visit. Facilitate registration of patient for visit at White Bird Medical. Provide advice, written resource information, and or referrals to address social determinants of health and medical care not addressed at White Bird Medical.
- Utilize the nursing process to complete “nurse visits” following standing orders and nursing protocols.
- Act as liaison between practice, patient and community medical agencies & diagnostic facilities to ensure quality and continuity of care
- Sterilization of surgical instruments, maintaining supplies in treatment rooms, and working toward general cleanliness & order in back office
- Assist Front Office Reception including help with obtaining release of information and records, managing patient appointments and scheduling, acting as a resource for clinical questions.
- Willing to collaborate with interdisciplinary staff – behavioral health, referral, front desk, providers, medical assistants, scribes.
- Provide “Care Management” for a limited number of high utilization / high risk patients to reduce return rate & ER visits and improve quality of care
- Be willing to contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients
- Possess ability and willingness to work in an EMR (electronic) environment and to meet or exceed the documentation requirements required to meet Meaningful Use and other clinical quality benchmarks required by any and all of our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives
- Room patients for and provide support to volunteer providers and ensure that they have completed EMR documentation at the completion of their shifts
- Complete White Bird Employee Orientation (NVT)
- Current Oregon RN license
- Minimum 2 years experience working as an RN with some experience in the delivery of primary care
- Ability to work with a wide range of patients including low/no income, and homeless adults
- Willingness to participate in continuing education
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use the EHR system
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training
- A SENSE OF HUMOR.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Minimum of two years experience in primary care medical practice
- Experience working in a consensus environment
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6 month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.