Pay and Benefits:
$37,440.00 to $46,000.00 /year DOE
Prepares daily deposits and monthly payroll journal entries and general ledger transactions to ensure their accuracy and takes necessary actions to correct any errors. Assists in preparing reconciliations for account balances in Sage 300 MIP software.
Assists in the preparation of financial reports. Prepares journal entries and general ledger transactions; reconciles various asset and liability account balances to ensure their accuracy making corrections as needed and prepares schedules of account activity as required. Analyzes account activity and provides information to Controller and CFO. Documents process and procedure for accounting reports.
Assists in the coordination and preparation of the Authority’s financial statements and reports for internal distribution and regulatory reporting on a timely basis.
- Maintain General Ledger and associated reporting in accordance with the organizational structure.
- Posting general journal entries as directed from other financials staff.
- Responsible for collecting and posting daily deposits.
- Conduct research and make recommendations to aid in the development of the annual fiscal year budget for each Department.
- Maintain Reporting calendar and assigns tasks, including but not limited to, grants, maintenance and lease agreements.
- Organize and maintain file system, including but not limited to, grants, maintenance and lease agreements.
- Prepare and track grant budgets and associated expenditures for reporting back to departments on specified grants.
- Provide backup for the Controller for posting bi-weekly payroll and vacation accruals
- Prepare and maintain working papers to balance and prepare monthly backup for payroll tax liabilities to calculated balances
- Prepare and maintain working papers for depreciation and asset accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for Controller for final posting.
- Provide administrative and analytical support to Staff.
- Implements special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend bi-weekly Administrative meeting.
- Attend all staff Community meeting once a monthly to help explain financial package.
- Attend Program Coordinators meetings once a month to answer budgetary planning questions.
- Fiscal meetings as needed.
- Position requires an independent, friendly, self starter with computer and analytical skills. A positive attitude and willingness to help others are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Administration from an accredited college or university; or Associate’s degree and one to three years of directly related work experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, or administration; or three to five years of directly related work experience in bookkeeping, finance or accounting.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including, but is not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- This position requires regular and reliable attendance and the employee’s physical presence at the workplace.
- Ability to operate necessary equipment, including motor vehicle, personal computer, calculator, copier, facsimile machine and other standard office equipment.
- Preferably non-profit sector experience
- Sage 300 fund accounting experience
- Paychex experience
- Vacation 3 weeks annually
- Sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare reimbursement accounts, HRA
- Gym Discount at YMCA
NOTE: Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to work start date. Minimum probation period of 6 months
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.