Maintains a record of care during patient visits to the clinic by transcribing the contents of a patient’s chart as dictated by the provider, entering these into the clinic’s electronic health record, and ensuring that all aspects of the chart have been completed before it is signed by the provider.
- Charts history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam findings, and assessment and plan
- Records medication, family, surgical/hospital, and social history
- Completes all forms within the chart as necessary for billing, follow-up care, and HRSA grant compliance utilizing UDS measures
- Assists the provider with equipment acquisition and set-up
- Provides courteous assistance to patients when necessary (e.g. getting them a glass of water or pillow to lay on)
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA guidelines
Skills and Qualifications:
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Professionalism with coworkers and patients
- Oral and written communication
- Familiarity with electronic health records
- 60+ WPM typing speed with low rate of error
- Consistently accurate spelling and grammar
- Background in medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Familiarity with HIPAA privacy guidelines
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3 month probationary period.