IT Systems Administrator
As part of the White Bird IT Team, this position is responsible for the planning, maintenance, and support of the technology which supports White Bird’s programs and services.
- Build/maintain Windows computers and servers in a medium size network.
- Install/maintain networking hardware.
- Maintain NEC and XS Media phone system and provide end user support.
- Support desktop users with technical assistance and/or documentation.
- Communicate project status and results to all involved parties for all support requests.
- Be available by cell phone and/or email to address emergencies.
- Implement/maintain network and data security in a HIPAA environment.
- Manage/maintain backups.
- Manage/maintain Office 365 environment.
- Recommend new technology solutions to help meet agency goals.
- Take a leadership role in assisting the White Bird Administrative Team with strategic planning and support achievement of agency IT goals.
- Manage IT related projects and represent the Clinic in projects requiring interfacing with outside IT professionals.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with all IT project stakeholders.
- As a member of the Admin Team, hold the White Bird perspective by monitoring and keeping agency vibes clean and assist the Community Collective in its response.
- Attend IT and clinic meetings (Admin, hiring, AdCo and Community) as determined by IT staff rotation.
- Share in other duties as needed to support the agency.
- Two years of experience in a Windows environment including both desktop and server operating systems.
- Two years of experience in end user support.
- Ability to build/maintain a TCP/IP network and Active Directory.
- Good writing skills and ability to document procedure/work flow.
- Complete New Employee Orientation (NVT).
- Must be able to pass federally required background check.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with differing levels of technological knowledge (translate High Geek into English).
- A SENSE OF HUMOR & INFINITE PATIENCE!!!
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/certification/experience.
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with hardware purchasing and vendor management.
- Experience with Unifi networking hardware.
- Experience with Fortinet Fortigate firewall appliances.
- Experience managing department or project budgets.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Experience with NextGen EHR, Daisy, TigerView, AccPac, FileMaker, or other production database applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with firewall technologies.
- Familiarity with web design.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a consensus environment.
Note: This position has a 6-month probationary period and reports to the Admin Team.