Interim Medical Program Coordinator
The aim of this position is to provide leadership and direction to improve existing systems and resources at the medical clinic; to represent the Medical Program in the local professional and planning communities; to develop closer coordination between the Medical and other White Bird programs; and to seek additional backing in order to sustain and expand White Bird’s capacity to deliver medical services to underserved populations in our community.
- Program Buck stopper- Coordinate ongoing functions required for White Bird Clinic to maintain an allopathic medical clinic in compliance with our grants and accepted medical clinic practices.
- Strategic Planning – Oversee Medical Program development and future planning.
- Project Compliance and Reporting Management – Project Management (PM) and train others in PM skills for complex projects at Medical (i.e.: PCPCH Recognition, Meaningful Use Certification, etc.)
- Finance – Track and predict Program financial status, including P&L and balance sheet.
Work with program staff and Clinic/Community to maximize efficiency of program resources.
- Grant Applications – Grants: Research opportunities, write proposals, review Admin drafts, and make sure Program is in compliance with requirements.
- Revenue Generation – Provide oversight and direction of revenue streams, insurance billing, and maintenance of EPM patient records.
- QI Oversight – Program’s Quality Assurance Officer (PCPCH). Working with the Program’s Clinical Quality Advocate [new job responsibility for Medical Director] will develop and prioritize quality initiatives for the Program.
- FQHC: Keep up to date on requirements for maintaining White Bird Medical Clinic’s FQHC status.
- White Bird Collective – Liaison with other White Bird Programs.
- Local Politics – Represent the Program and the Clinic in CCO/Coordinated Care Meetings both in the Clinic and in the Community.
- HIPAA – Medical Program HIPAA Security Officer (MU)
- Program Management – Coordinate the Medical Administrative meeting to steer program development and population-based healthcare management (PCPCH)
- Transition management and Stability – Once hired, train the new Medical Program Coordinator and Medical Operations Coordinator in effectively managing a program at White Bird and in the details of the White Bird Medical Clinic.
- Five (5) years of experience in progressively more responsible human service or medical administrative positions.
- Three (3) years of experience in a primary care medical care clinic.
- Extensive knowledge of Federally Qualified Health Center management
- Working knowledge of PCPCH, Meaningful Use, Population Based Healthcare, PDSA Quality Assurance Framework, and Metrics based management techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of NextGen EHR/EPM
- Strong project management, attention to detail, written and oral communication skills
- Proven leadership and relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and to a deadline
- Patience, intelligence, communication skills and a sense of humor
- Complete new employee orientation –employee must complete NVT and become “Desk Trained” at the 341 E. 12th Avenue, Eugene location and will be responsible for desk shift coverage.
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- Knowledge of White Bird History
This position is being hired for 30 hours a week at program coordinator pay and will report to the Medical Director and Clinic Coordinators. Six-month probation period.