Human Resources Assistant
In coordination with the Human Resources Coordinator, Quality Management Team and Administrative Team, this position will maintain accurate personnel records, assist with agency hiring, and keep agency staff aware of changing compliance issues in areas related to Human Resources, recruiting, and hiring agency staff. Position reports to the Core Administrative Team.
1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Pay and Benefits: $18/hour
- Ability to establish and maintain systems for accurate records and reporting
- Knowledge and experience in Human Resource law and personnel management
- Ability to learn OSHA, BOLI regulations and labor laws
- Training in HR and HIPAA compliance
- Computer competence in Microsoft Office programs
- Electronic recordkeeping
- Establish systems for accurate and secure personnel files for all agency staff
- Help staff understand and utilize agency benefits
- Lead the process of new hiring, orientation and training of agency staff
- Ensure programs and staff are aware of and follow agency policies and state and federal regulations governing recruiting, screening, hiring, probation, orientation, training, and termination of staff
- Assist HIPAA Compliance Officers in creating, maintaining and following HIPAA guidelines and documentation
- Provide additional Administrative operational support as needed
- As a member of the Admin Team: attend internal meetings, program hiring, AdCo and Community meetings as needed; support fundraising efforts, monitor and keep agency vibes clean, troubleshooting; backup the work of the other Administrative positions
- As a member of the Admin Team: hold the White Bird perspective, share in program development and planning and in identifying and focusing attention on emergent issues/problems, assist the Community Collective in its response
- Attend Employee Orientation
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we encourage you to apply.
Please use your cover letter to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us at HR@whitebirdclinic.org or 541-342-8255.