Electronic Health Records Project Manager
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 40 hours per week. The hourly wage starts at $26/hr, increases to $27/hr after a six-month probationary period, and tops out at $28/hr after one year of employment.
The Electronic Health Records (EHR) Project Manager will work with internal and external stakeholders to analyze requirements, create specifications, build, test, and implement data and reporting solutions that are needed to support NextGen, a 3rd party vendor product. The project manager will also have specific responsibilities such as setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring the project’s progress. Project management responsibilities require the individual in this role to be familiar with the fiscal aspects of the project and to be able to make sure the project is also aligned with the White Bird Clinic budget.
The EHR Project Manager’s primary responsibility is EHR systems implementations. Relevant to most implementation projects are the following:
- Required interfaces;
- Approved add on systems and clinical/application tools;
- Integration of various disparate workflows; and
- Regulatory requirements and data capture for reporting purposes.
The expectations of the EHR Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand, align, and communicate project goals with key stakeholders.
- Communicate the project vision to stakeholders involved in the project.
- Utilize organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Provide project management leadership and support for EHR projects, and related projects (by interface or shared workflows).
- Gain and apply knowledge of the organization’s clinical and operational goal, processes, and challenges.
- Ability to create and communicate EHR budget to a variety of stakeholders.
- Understand and communicate the fiscal impact of the project over the short and long-term.
- Ability to work through conflicts.
- Detailed understanding of workflows along with EHR system configuration and implementation in healthcare and business operations.
- Demonstrated specialized knowledge of, and expertise in relational databases.
- Demonstrated skills working with a team to establish requirements and develop detailed report specifications.
- Ability to leverage interpersonal communication skills to collaborate and work cooperatively with team members and external clients to provide support and user customer needs.
- Assist in maintaining current documentation to ensure a high-quality result.
- Anticipate user needs, manage expectations, provide escalation pathways, and document resolution of any issues that may arise during support sessions.
- Assist the team with data validation and testing, and demonstrations as needed.
- Apply administrative skills to manage multiple projects.
- Create, manage, and implement the master EHR project plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with 4-7 years’ experience working with an EHR, and project management or implementation preferably in the healthcare related industries including Non-Profit collaborative organizations.
- PMP preferred.
- Basic understanding of the non-profit Community Healthcare Services Collaborative, U.S. healthcare market and/or healthcare technologies preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment while maintaining a high-level of customer service in a customer-focused manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to social service work related to White Bird’s mission and values.
- Experience working in a consensus environment preferrable.
- Plan and deploy reporting solutions per approved requirements.
- Collaborate with 3rd Party Consultants, internal IT team and other White Bird Clinic staff to ensure that reporting requirements are satisfied.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to provide training and ongoing support of reporting solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent consulting skills with external clients and product vendor.
- Consistently apply written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster a collaborative team environment.
Project Management Tools:
- Knowledge using Project Management tools: Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams), Visio, Zoom/WebEx and Analytic tools.
- Familiar with Database and reporting software (MS Database, Tableau, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Familiar with centralized shared documents tools (SharePoint, MS Teams for example).
Note: This position has a 6-month probation period and reports to the Core Team.