Now Hiring: Contract Specialist
The function of this position is to collaborate with the White Bird collective to fulfill each department’s contracting needs for every phase of contract development from researching the legal regulations to negotiating the terms and preparing the print document. This position support grants, fiscal and the executive team with contracting, documentation, grants, renewals, and all applicable reporting scheduling.
- Associates Degree or higher in Paralegal Studies, Legal Assistant, or related field and a 1+ years’ relevant experience OR certificate in paralegal studies and 3| years relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office 365 proficiency and experience with managing databases and spreadsheets. Airtable experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and maintain relationships with investigators, sponsors, outside legal counsel, leadership, and staff members.
- Must have knowledge of contracts for IT products and services.
- Strong ability to organize assigned workload and multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic business law guidelines and policies, and legally binding contractual language and terminology.
- Responsible for contract management system, including scanning, filing, and archiving hard copies for White Bird Clinic programs.
- Responsible for initiating, developing, reviewing, and routing of research-related contracts and documents.
- Analyze and monitor existing contractual and fixed bid agreements with clear and actionable and deliverables.
- Identify incorrect, inconsistent, and incomplete data entries and make timely modifications to improve the quality of data in compliance with service levels.
- Interact with executive, fiscal, and operations staff to ensure timely and accurate contract preparation and problem resolution.
- Engage investigative work for the background of contract/grant services.
- Facilitate the preparation, negotiation, and execution of contractual agreements.
- Maintains records of contract activity for benchmark purposes and works to improve office efficiencies.
- Maintains schedule of reporting as listed in contracts and facilitates organizational compliance for requested reporting.
- Collaborates with outside legal support, investigators, staff, and sponsors. Coordinates efforts (both internal and external) to help ensure that contractual agreements in place are clear, fair, and legally binding.
Hours: This 30-40 hour/week position is part of the team responsible for contract management of White Bird Clinic and all of its programs and services.
Wages: $15.00 to $18.00/hour DOE. White Bird employees are eligible for health benefits at 30 hours/week at the clinic in any combination of paid positions after 3 month of service.
Note: This position has a 6-month probationary period and reports to the Fiscal Controller.