Now Hiring: Community Health Assistant (6-Month Temporary Position)
The qualified applicant will be versed in managing a diverse group of clients while supporting them to access and participate in telehealth appointments, Covid-19 testing & walk-in patient care.
- Maintaining a calm welcoming environment at the White Bird Community Health sites.
- Screen patients for Covid-19 symptoms prior to appointments.
- Support patients complete the telehealth/Covid-19 registration and visit process
- Troubleshoot IT barriers and complications with the technical equipment
- Assist in examinations as needed by the Providers
- Providing information and referral for patients to community and other White Bird programs as needed
- Clean the telehealth booths and testing stations based on infection control principles and clinic policy after each appointment
- Communicate ideas for innovations and report challenges to the Medical Program Coordinator
- Participate as a member of the White Bird Collective including attending weekly Medical Program meetings
- 2 years of combined medical training and experience – EMT-B, EMT-I, Certified Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of infection control principles
- Skilled in conflict resolution and trauma informed care
- Maintain patient confidentiality in an unconventional medical/behavioral health setting
- Experience and passion for serving diverse and/or underserved populations
- Adept working with multiple computer programs – Electronic Health Records, Word, Email, Teleconferencing
- Strong time management and self-management skills with a high degree of flexibility and self-direction
- Willing to work collaboratively with a variety of care teams
- Complete White Bird New Volunteer/Staff Training
- A sense of humor!
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- Knowledge of NextGen Enterprise PM and Enterprise EHR
- Current medical professional license or certification
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 20 hours weekly at a rate of $18/hr.