Chrysalis Behavioral Health Substance Use Treatment Counselor
- Two (2) years experience in drug-abuse treatment and CADC (or the ability and willingness to obtain same within 12 months of beginning employment)
- Competence in drug abuse treatment, including evaluation skills and individual, family, and group counseling expertise.
- Individuals who are recovering from drug abuse, drug dependence, or alcoholism must have continuous sobriety for the past two years.
- Has CADC I or above
- Knowledge of Opiate addiction and treatment methodologies
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in working in a consensus environment
- Experience working with Electronic Health Records
- Ability to work late afternoon, evenings, and/or Saturdays
- Experience with online platforms to provide treatment and attend meetings
- Perform admission interviews, including necessary histories and referrals.
- Determine eligibility, evaluate clients, perform case management and develop treatment plans.
- Serve as primary counselor to several clients, proportionate to hours worked, possibly including couples and family counseling.
- Participate in staff meetings and required clinic meetings and activities. Complete required training.
- Conduct urine surveillance activities, and if necessary, do the paperwork associated with the collected samples.
- Assist in general office duties to back up the office staff as needed.
- Participate in education and training for the staff and the public
- Help organize and lead counseling groups and support groups.
- Provide outreach to sites within the community, as requested.
- Reports to the Program Coordinator
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to work start date
6-month probation period
This job and its training will be a mixture of in office and online until we move fully back to in person business
Hours per week: 40; flexible schedule
Wages: $18-22/hr dependent on certification level