CAHOOTS Communications Specialist
- 1-2 years experience in a communications, outreach, or advocacy position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, able to coordinate multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain relationships and work within a consensus-based organization.
- Able to write and edit materials quickly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Grounded in the intersections between anti-racism, housing, mental health, and public safety.
- Excited to create narrative strategy with consistent input and feedback from CAHOOTS team.
- Experience running social media campaigns
- Bilingual, ability to create written and verbal communication material in English and Spanish
- Experience with field-based social services.
- Experience with social justice organizing or policy work particularly around housing justice, mental health, harm reduction, and public safety.
- Knowledgeable of local service providers and public safety and communications agencies.
- Willingness to ride on CAHOOTS van (12hr/month) to gain understanding of operations
- Coordinate with the CAHOOTS team and get input from CAHOOTS team members to create messaging for the public. Design narrative strategy to support the CAHOOTS’ model being adopted in other cities and to achieve better services for our clients locally.
- Represent CAHOOTS and facilitate media requests or delegate to appropriate team members.
- Coordinate with White Bird Communications Team and Consulting Department regarding external communication and public representation.
- Update CAHOOTS content on the website, 211 resources, and any other directories where such information needs to be kept.
- Provide some presentations on the CAHOOTS program to outside agencies.
- Run CAHOOTS social media platforms including messaging and graphics.
- Participation in program and clinic responsibilities including CAHOOTS program meeting and White Bird Community Meeting
- Management of other routine business.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Reports to CAHOOTS coordinators and CAHOOTS team.
- Complete New Staff Orientation/New Volunteer Training and 6-month probation.
Hours: 24-32/wk, medical and dental benefits at 30 hours a week.
Term Duration: position is for one year.