Now Hiring: Back Office Nurse
This Nurse is responsible for working at the top of their license as a member of the care team with a focus on chronic care. The qualified nurse will provide nursing care in a primary care clinic including triage, nurse visits, coordination of care, and patient education to strengthen patients’ health care self-management.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 36 h/week, and the salary is equivalent to $30.00/hr.
- Perform patient triage both face to face and via the phone. Assess and prioritize patients’ need for care including referral to local Emergency Departments, Urgent Care, and/or White Bird Medical for a provider or nurse visit. Provide advice, written resource information, and or referrals to address social determinants of health and medical care not addressed at White Bird Medical.
- Support providers and their care teams by coordinating complex patient care needs.
- Utilize the nursing process to complete “nurse visits” following standing orders and nursing protocols.
- Act as liaison between White Bird Medical, patient and community medical agencies & diagnostic facilities to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Sterilization of surgical instruments, managing supplies in treatment rooms, and oversight of general cleanliness & order in the back office.
- Assist Front Office Reception including help with managing patient appointments and scheduling, acting as a resource for clinical questions.
- Collaborate with White Bird Medical staff – behavioral health, referral, front desk, providers, medical assistants, scribes.
- Coordinate services for patients with other White Bird programs including, but not exclusive to Chrysalis, Counseling, Crisis, Cahoots, NEST, Homeless, Front Rooms, Dental.
- Provide “Care Management” for a limited number of high utilization / high risk patients to reduce return rate & ER visits and improve quality of care.
- Participate in continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients
- Ability and willingness to work in an EMR (electronic) environment and to meet or exceed the documentation requirements required to meet Meaningful Use and other clinical quality benchmarks required by our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives.
- Provide support to volunteer providers by rooming patients, assisting with procedures, assisting with following clinic policies, and ensuring EHR documentation at the completion of shift.
- Complete White Bird Employee Orientation (NVT)
- Current Oregon RN license
- Minimum 2 years experience working as an RN with experience in the delivery of primary care.
- Experience working with educating clients with chronic medical conditions.
- Ability to work with a wide range of patients including low/no income, and homeless adults
- Willingness to participate in continuing education
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use the EHR system
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training
- A SENSE OF HUMOR.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Minimum of two years experience in primary care medical practice
- Experience working in a consensus environment
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6-month probationary period.