Now Hiring: Back Office Nurse
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the medical clinic’s back office including triage of unscheduled patients or potential patients, nurse visits, completing medical records, rooming patients, orienting volunteer RNs, completing referrals and diagnostics ordered by physician, and assisting the physician with treatment oriented needs as requested.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for up to 36 h/week, and the salary is equivalent to $30.00/hr.
Back Office Nurse Role
- Perform functions associated with Care Coordination and Care Management including: processing referrals, generating lab orders, contacting patients regarding lab results, approving medication refill requests for non-scheduled medications, and answering phone and in-person questions related to patient care
Complete “nurse visits” that fall within scope of practice and consult with the physician in the delivery of straight forward medical care
- Act as liaison between practice, patient and community medical agencies & diagnostic facilities to ensure quality and continuity of care
- Sterilization of surgical instruments, maintaining supplies in treatment rooms, and working toward general cleanliness & order in back office
- Assist Front Office Reception
- Provide “Care Management” for a limited number of high utilization / high risk patients to reduce return rate & ER visits and improve quality of care
Triage Nurse Role
- Perform triage function. Specifically identify patients who need immediate referral to local Emergency Departments with patient report phoned to receiving facility. Identify and request registration of patients to be seen by physician(s) and ask to obtain record from outside providers that might be of help in physician’s office visit. Identify and request registration of patients to be seen as nurse visits. Provide advice and written resource information to those patients who cannot be seen
- Be willing to contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients
- Possess ability and willingness to work in an EMR (electronic) environment and to meet or exceed the documentation requirements required to meet Meaningful Use and other clinical quality benchmarks required by any and all of our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives
- Room patients for and provide support to volunteer providers and insure that they have completed EMR documentation at the completion of their shifts
- Complete White Bird Employee Orientation (NVT)
- Current Oregon RN license
- Minimum 2 years experience working as an RN with some experience in the delivery of primary care
- Ability to work with a wide range of patients including low/no income, and homeless adults
- Willingness to participate in continuing education
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use the EHR system
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training
- A sense of humor
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Minimum of two years experience in primary care medical practice
- Experience working in a consensus environment
This position reports to the Medical Director.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 6-month probationary period.