Applications For Rent Assistance For Lane County Renters
A limited number of eligibility applications for rent assistance for Lane County renters open on Monday, November 16, at 9:00 a.m. through 10 a.m. Completed applications submitted by 10:00 a.m. will be served on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted. The eligibility application is an online form that will be available at www.lanecounty.org/rent.
The funding was provided by the federal COVID-19 CARES Act and is to serve Lane County households affected by the ongoing pandemic.
Eligible households that complete an application will be served by local social service agencies.
The applicant must be able to document:
1) A loss of income as a direct result of COVID-19;
2) Have compromised health status or an elevated risk of infection and vulnerability to impacts to health as related to COVID-19 and that a loss of housing would cause a health jeopardy related to COVID-19 for the applicant.
The applicant’s household income must be at or below 80 percent of the Lane County’s Area Median Income Level (AMI).
|LANE COUNTY AMI 2020|
|HH SIZE||80% AMI Gross Monthly Income||80% AMI Gross Annual Income|
Rent assistance can be used for rent payments and arrearages, manufactured home rental space, housing relocation assistance and more.
- Applicants will complete the application online at www.lanecounty.org/rent or by calling Lane County’s Rent Assistance Line at 541-682-3371 (online is preferred).
- Eligible applications will be forwarded to local social service agencies.
- The access agency will follow up with the applicant to process the application, and distribute funds directly to landlords or utility companies.
Applicants will need to provide documentation for identification (ID), income documentation, housing status documentation and, if needed, health status documentation. Applicants will also be asked to provide a written notice from their landlords showing amounts owed. Applicants can upload the required documents into the online application form at the time they apply, or later by editing their application.
The program ends December 30, 2020.