Pay and Benefits:
$37,440.00 to $46,000.00 /year DOE
Assists in the preparation of financial reports, prepares journal entries and general ledger transactions correcting any errors; reconciles various asset and liability account balances to ensure their accuracy making corrections as needed and prepares schedules of account activity as required. Analyzes account activity and provides information to Controller and CFO.
Prepares journal entries and general ledger transactions to ensure their accuracy and takes necessary actions to correct any errors. Makes special adjustments and accruals to the general ledger and reconciles account balances.
Assists in the coordination and preparation of the Authority’s financial statements and reports for internal distribution and regulatory reporting on a timely basis.
- Responsible for coordinating monthly reports and preparing a monthly financial package for the distribution to overseeing entities.
- Conduct research and make recommendations to aid in the development of the annual fiscal year budget for each Department.
- Maintain Reporting calendar and assigns tasks, including but not limited to, grants, maintenance and lease agreements.
- Organize and maintain file system, including but not limited to, grants, maintenance and lease agreements.
- Prepare and track grant budgets and associated expenditures for reporting back to departments on specified grants.
- Implement organizational and/or procedural changes affecting fiscal management to include grants, contracts, impact fees, and operational and capital budgetary requirements.
- Prepare fiscal reporting, including but not limited to, grants, maintenance and lease agreements.
- Maintain monthly revenue recognition from deferred revenue from contracts and Grants for the accounting specialists to post.
- Provide backup for the Controller for posting bi-weekly payroll and vacation accruals
- Prepare and maintain working papers to balance and prepare monthly backup for payroll tax liabilities to calculated balances
- Prepare and maintain working papers for depreciation and asset accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for Controller for final posting.
- Provide administrative and analytical support to Staff.
- Liaise with financial staff to improve financial procedures.
- Coordinate cash control procedures amongst departments, including, but not limited to donations and fundraising activities.
- Assist with cash investments, CD’s and other long-term assets.
- Posting general journal entries as directed from other financials staff.
- Maintain General Ledger and all associated reporting in accordance with the organizational structure.
- Implements special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend bi-weekly Administrative meeting.
- Attend all staff Community meeting once a monthly to help explain financial package.
- Attend Program Coordinators meetings once a month to answer budgetary planning questions.
- Fiscal meetings as needed
- Associate’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Administration from an accredited college or university or three years of directly related work experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, or administration.
- Three to four years of experience at a Staff Accountant level preferably in a non-profit setting.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including, but is not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- This position requires regular and reliable attendance and the employee’s physical presence at the workplace.
- Ability to operate necessary equipment, including motor vehicle, personal computer, calculator, copier, facsimile machine and other standard office equipment.
- Preferably non-profit sector experience
- Sage 300 fund accounting experience
- Paychex experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,440.00 to $46,000.00 /year DOE
- Vacation 4 weeks annually
- Sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare reimbursement accounts, HRA
- Gym memberships or discounts
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.