20 hrs a week
Pay and Benefits:
$18.00 per hour
The position will review and consults on a variety of complex clerical and accounting functions for patient billing with the goal of finding ways to improve and/or maximize our billing income across the agency. This individual will review third party billing practices, billing schedules, billing codes, billing compliance, billing private vs. public insurance, billing structure with newly implemented EHR, and posting process related to billing. This individual will also review our FQHC specific billing practices and FQHC specific billing process for specific programs like 340b prescription assistance to ensure the agency is maximizing returns.
- Review billing processes and advise on possible areas of improvement
- Review invoicing, billing practices, billing compliance, and facilitate billing staff in streamlining and improving billing processes across the agency.
- Assist department billers with identifying and overcoming obstacles to improving the billing process to result in written assessment and recommendations for improvement.
- Work with billers to expand private insurance paneling to improve billing across the agency.
- Assist with specialized billing projects like 340b to maximize effectiveness.
- Assist with implementation of new EHR billing system and assist with organizing appropriate process and work flows associated with the new system.
- Work with and communicate efficiently with billing staff and agency staff.
- Complete confidentiality agreement
- Medical/Dental/Behavioral Health Billing Experience with FQHC billing exp. Preferred.
- Experience in working as a Billing Manager and/or Billing Consultant preferred.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and with groups/committees
- Strong Communication Skills
- Sense of humor.
Time Card Hours up to 20 hours a week for this 3 month temporary position.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.