White Bird Clinic programs currently utilize different software systems to manage client record keeping (NextGen, OWITS, FileMaker Pro, and Daisy). We are currently transitioning to an integrated, single database Electronic Medical Record system (EMR) across the agency. This transition is expected to be completed in Spring 2019. The EMR Specialist will provide technological support for the current systems, through the transition, and on-going support for the new EMR once it is in place. Technological support will include configuring, updating, and maintaining systems; help staff improve and manage their workflows; help staff better utilize software features; and providing day-to-day desktop support. The position will be a part of the Admin-IT team and support EMR use across the agency, but they will be physically housed in the Medical clinic due to the extensive and more complex EMR use inherent to their work.
- Configure application and system settings to meet the needs of the program and staff members
- Provide direct support and troubleshooting to users as necessary. Open support requests with EMR support when needed
- Work with EHR IT application and other associated vendors to optimally install, configure and maintain interfaces and applications
- Create reports and/or work with application vendors to create/modify/edit reports that meet clinical, business and compliance needs.
- Design custom templates (forms for entering and tracking patient information) and reports as needed
- Become familiar with the workflows of clinical and support staff that utilize the EMR.
- Participate in teams that review workflows for efficiencies (how to use the EMR to reduce work) and to enhance grant/State/National requirement compliance
- Develop and/or participate in training and/or creating training users who might be involved in system administration and reporting functions
- Document workflows, common procedures, and best practices, and make documentation accessible to staff
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA, CMS, and other regulatory requirements
- Attend weekly staff meetings as well as additional meetings as scheduled
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Software configuration experience
- Experience with software testing and testing environments
- Two years IT desktop support experience or equivalent
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative to start projects, and autonomously solving problems
- Strong analytical, language and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on communicating effectively about technology to all levels of users
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the health care and/or social services field, including patient care and practice management
- A sense of humor
- Nextgen system administration experience strongly preferred. In lieu of Nextgen experience, other EHR, EDR and practice management system administration experience strongly referred
- Post-secondary education in computer science, health information, or health care related field
- Experience with database (MS SQL) applications
- Programming skills
- Experience working in a consensus environment
This position reports to the CORE Team and the IT Team and also works very collaboratively with all Program Coordinators and their Departments.
This position has a six-month probationary period. All new staff will be required to attend New Volunteer Training, to be discussed in interview.