White Bird Medical is hiring a staff physician (MD, DO) to work as a part of our primary care team. This position works with other clinical and behavioral health staff to provide excellent patient care. The Staff Physician provides professional, comprehensive primary medical care and treatment services to a diverse population of patients in a public health clinic setting. The Physician diagnoses and treats a wide variety of health problems, provides counseling and referrals for patients when appropriate, and performs related duties as assigned.
Pay and Benefits
This is a part time position. Please inquire about salary.
White Bird Medical Clinic is a participant in the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program.
- Provide direct patient care as directed by the Clinic’s Medical Director.
- Perform routine duties including, but not limited to histories, physicals, ordering of diagnostic tests and medications
- Complete primary care visits and determine, establish and administer an overall treatment plan for patients and chronically ill clients
- Participate in clinical care coordination, consults, and case management with members of the integrated primary care-behavioral health team
- Provide appropriate medical records documentation in a consistent and timely manner on all patients in accordance with policy
- Be willing to contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients
- Possess ability and willingness to work in an EMR (electronic) environment and to meet or exceed the documentation requirements required to meet Meaningful Use and other clinical quality benchmarks required by any and all of our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives
- Possession of a valid State of Oregon license as a Medical Doctor (MD or DO)
- Board Certification or eligibility
- Participation in the clinic’s credentialing and privileging process not limited to providing the following information: DEA, NPI, Diploma, CV and/or Resume
- Maintain current annual BLS/CPR
- Ability to be approved by the clinic’s Professional Liability Insurance provider.
- Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with wide range of patients including low/no income and homeless adults from diverse educational, social, and cultural backgrounds
- Working knowledge of state health care laws and licensing board regulations
- Willingness to participate in continuing education
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use the EHR system
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Minimum two years experience in a medical practice.
- Experience working in a consensus environment
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3 month probationary period.
To apply to this job, please email your cover letter and resume to our program coordinator, Renae Myers, at renaehalina at whitebirdclinic dot org.
Posted 7 January 2016