This position is responsible for face-to-face office visits for patients with chronic or acute conditions as defined by the White Bird Clinic Nursing Protocols in consultation with the clinic physician.
Pay and Benefits:
This position is being hired for 0.6 FTE, and the salary is equivalent to $29/hr.
- Utilize nursing protocols to provide patient visits including a history and physical, assessment and plan
- Follow standing orders and nursing protocols to order labs, referrals, medications, provide education, support patient goals to improve health
- Collaborate with Behavioral Health Coach and Physician
- Liaise between practice, patient and community medical agencies & diagnostic facilities to ensure quality and continuity of care
- Provide support to Back Office RN as needed including answering phone calls, follow up patient care questions, routine support for physician
- Be a resource to the back office staff for the care of patients with chronic conditions
- Assist Front Office Receptionists
- Provide “Care Management” for a limited number of high utilization/high risk patients to reduce return rate & ER visits and improve quality of care
- Be willing to contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients
- Possess ability and willingness to work in an electronic EHR environment and meet documentation requirements required to for Meaningful Use and other clinical quality benchmarks required by any and all of our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives
- If at or over 0.5 FTE, complete White Bird Employee Orientation (NVT)
- Current Oregon RN license
- Ability to work with a diverse population and a broad range of situations while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude
- Ability to work as part of a highly functional team
- Willingness to participate in continuing education
- Minimum of 4 years of nursing experience
- Experience in the delivery of primary care
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use and electronic EHR system
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training
- Receive approval of the Medical Director showing complete knowledge of all the Clinic’s Acute and Chronic Care Nursing Protocols within 3 months of hire date
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Minimum of two years experience in primary care medical practice
- Display knowledge of Chronic Disease processes including but not limited to Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, COPD, Hyperlipidemia, and the management of Warfarin
- Experience working in a consensus environment
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3 month probationary period.
To apply to this job, please email your cover letter and resume to our program coordinator, Renae Myers, at renaehalina at whitebirdclinic dot org.