Procedure Medical Assistant
Up to 40 hours per week.
Pay and Benefits:
$18/hr. plus medical, dental and vision insurance as well as sick and vacation pay.
This position is responsible for assisting our providers in effectively providing excellent patient care.
- Perform routine assisting duties for the Medical Director and volunteer physicians under direct, onsite supervision of an MD or RN as approved by the Medical Director. This will include but not be limited to obtaining vital signs, patient medical history, presenting problem & maintain examination/treatment rooms.
- Assist with examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Help maintain medical records to insure quality (includes patient history, problem lists, vital signs, patient communications, immunizations & medications) and act as “scribe” during patient visits.
- Scrubbing charts for upcoming appointments. Looking for recent labs, imaging, outside consultation notes, recent hospital records, and/or new medical records.
- Educate the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising physician in health maintenance, disease prevention, and compliance with patients’ treatment plan.
- Perform procedural and diagnostic coding for reimbursement.
- Care Coordination: Serve as “communication liaison” between the physician and patient by assisting the patient in communicating their needs to the physician.
- Screen and follow-up test results.
- Perform electrocardiography, ear lavage, snellin eye chart, and other tests in the clinic.
- Sterilization of surgical instruments. Inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Make sure rooms are well kept and stocked.
- Deep clean patient rooms every Friday
- Perform blood draws.
- Process blood, urine, etc… specimens. Send specimens to the lab.
- Minimum one year experience in a medical practice.
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients including low/no income and homeless adults recognizing and respecting cultural diversity.
- Ability to utilize and apply medical terminology appropriately.
- Receive, organize, prioritize, store and maintain transmittable information utilizing electronic technology.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.) and the ability to effectively learn and/or utilize Electronic Health Records.
- Ability to identify and respond to issues of confidentiality. Knowledge of HIPAA.
- Understanding of Standard Precautions, including hand washing and disposal of bio-hazardous materials.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education.
- Complete White Bird New Volunteer/Staff Training (NVT).
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Current Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant by a recognized certification body.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience in working in a consensus environment.
This position reports to the Medical Director.
All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3-month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.