Outdoor Outreach Worker
This is a new position and we will be hiring several candidates for a large pool of available hours. Hours can range from 5.5/week to 30/week, depending on our need and candidates' need and availability.
Pay and Benefits:
$18.00 an hour. Benefits: Paid sick, vacation and holidays. Eligible for insurance at 30 hours/week or higher.
A member of the Front Rooms Team, this position maintains a safe place outside 341 and 323 E 12th, the parking lot, alleys and nearby public right-of-ways. This includes training responsibilities.
- 6 month experience in a White Bird service program, or 2 years’ direct service provision in a non-profit, preferably with a homeless population.
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in all climates and to stay on feet during shift.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to stay calm, kind, non-judgmental with a variety of vulnerable clients.
- No conviction for predatory crime.
- Complete CPR and First Aid training within one month of hire.
- Comply with confidentiality and HIPAA policies.
- A sense of humor!
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience in working in a collective.
- Able to be peer support and/or QMHA certified.
- Initial point of contact for those using the front room.
- Facilitate safe and pro-social trauma informed environment.
- Provide outreach to the homeless community.
- Provide information and referral, triage to other services and provide a warm handoff to other White Bird departments.
- Promote a clean and needle-free environment, including managing outdoor trash.
- Establish and maintain positive report with clients.
- Work with the Collective to implement and maintain a code of conduct for clients.
- Maintain communication with Front Rooms and Crisis departments.
- Liason with EMS and CAHOOTS.
- Provide outreach and build rapport with the neighbors.
- One staff can only work a maximum of 30 hours/week between Reception, Front Rooms and Outdoor Outreach, and not more than two shifts in a day except in case of emergency coverage. This is to prevent staff burnout.
- Reports to Front Rooms Coordinator.
6-month probationary period.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.